About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Feb 26, 2010

Food

I'm beginning to see why it's hard to stick to a diet for weight loss purposes. I am not necessarily on a "diet" to lose weight, but I have started working out a bit and would like to eat accordingly so I can lose my last ten "baby pounds". The combination of shopping for my family (not me) and being gluten free leaves me with little in the pantry that is satisfying to eat! I want a nutrigrain bar - goldfish - omg one real oreo cookie! However, I can't eat any of those and the gluten free versions that cost a fortune at the store leave a lot to be desired. So I either eat nothing, or I grab a glass of soda which is somewhat satisfying! It's not that I'm eating unhealthy foods, I'm just drinking unhealthy things to make up for the fact that I don't really eat satisfying foods during the day. These are the days I hate having celiac disease - when I can't even eat the healthy foods I want to! It's not about craving fried chicken, chinese food, cookies - I make all of those at home and they are awesome. It's about the healthy grab and go foods like nutrigrain bars! The gluten free versions are at least a dollar a bar and don't even taste like fruit! Ugh! I can make an amazing batch of white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies in less than a half an hour, but I don't want to eat a half a batch of cookies over the course of the next few days - I want something healthy and satisfying - but I can't have that :(

No comments:

Post a Comment