About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Oct 6, 2010

Happy and Sad Day

Last night the twins started peeing in the pot! YAY! We are so happy!! I have been waiting for this day for months, and am so proud of the twins for taking this step.

Today I found out that a very dear friend and relative has pulmonary hypertension and will need surgery right away to insert catheters to relieve the high blood pressure between her lungs and heart. I am now at that age where so many of my parents' generation are starting to experience health problems. I hate this part of growing up, learning to cope with the fact that bad things happen to good people. It's bad enough to lose grandparents, I was very close to mine, but to even consider losing a parent just feels wrong! You grow up knowing your parents are your world, that they will always be there, and it's just horrible to think that someday they won't be. I have many parental figures, I can't imagine losing even one. I have already been dealing with a number of health scares with my "other mother", now it's one of my very best friends. The hardest part for me is that I can't just drop what I'm doing and go to them - I have too many responsibilities here to be with them. Sucks getting old! My only comfort is that my kiddos will hopefully be old by the time they have to deal with me aging, I started at a young age. Small comfort today.

No comments:

Post a Comment