About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Oct 24, 2010

Almost Halloween!!! EEEEE!

Tonight I am learning how to roast a pork loin. Pork loin roast is very different from pork tenderloin, which I cook on a regular basis. We rubbed it with seasoned olive oil, and baked it on a high temp, then low temp, then high temp again. We'll see how it comes out, I am excited! *it was amazing*

Our halloween party is next weekend, I am so excited! This is my favorite holiday, and I always love having parties. I enjoy being the hostess, but most of all I enjoy spending time with our friends! Ok, and I love the halloween decorations, costumes, and freaky foods ;)

The twins are doing well potty training, and thing one spelled his name phonetically for the first time ever!! He spelled it while thing two spelled the word "boy" but spelled it "boi". I was so excited I was jumping up and down, this is so early to be spelling words, even if they are only doing it phonetically!! My husband looked at me like I was nuts, I meanwhile had called my mother to tell her so she could yell and jump up and down with me! Such smart kiddos!

Homeschooling is still going really well for us, we are working on skills as well as academics. Test taking is a joke at public school, the only thing my kid learned was how to ace a multiple choice test without knowing the actual material. Studying was nonexistant, so I am working on studying skills as well as giving him tests that have little to no multiple choice questions. He has to actually know the materials!! It's going well, he seems to be retaining a ton of what I am teaching him. I review months past on a regular basis, to make sure we aren't losing good information.

Next month we'll crunch to pull Christmas together. The twins are easy, they have everything... so we'll most likely put the word out that they need new coloring books and maybe a few prs of jeans. Big kid has a list a mile long, I ask for that so he won't know exactly what he's getting. My mom and hubby are easy, they want a lot! I can only think of four things I want, but once you reach adulthood it's harder to make a long list of wants that aren't super expensive!! We are definitely low on money, this year has been very expensive - but I'm working as much as I can, and we'll make it happen as we always do. It is Christmas after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment