About Me

My photo
I am mom to a 15 year old boy and identical twin 6 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 15 years. Those things define me in that order, everything else falls in line! I homeschool because the public school system was just letting my smart child slip through not learning a thing, on the honor roll no less. While I eat a completely gluten free diet I don't keep a gluten free household. No reason to make the kids suffer with me! I am writing a gluten free cookbook (slowly!) because I can't stand all the gluten free recipes out there that use five hundred flours, and I want to eat normal food like non-celiacs do. Just like I used to, I use one all purpose flour that ROCKS, The Gluten Free Pantry's All Purpose Flour. No, I do not get paid to say that ;) Every recipe on my blog can also be made with regular flour, use it just like I use my gf flour!

Feb 5, 2014

February song

I have discovered that singing a song with our 6yr olds about the month as it begins really helps us all remember what month it is. So, this is how we start each Monday morning for school! We found most of ours on scholastic teacher resources :)

February (sung to "Yankee Doodle")

In the month of February, I'm so very glad Oh,
The groundhog comes on Groundhog Day a-looking for his shadow!

February, what a month! Cold and crisp and snowy.
Middle of the winter when the winds are sharp and blowy!

Presidents' Day in February, always sets me thinkin
About our special pair of heroes: Washington and Lincoln!

February, what a month! Filled with lots of cheer now!
Will you be my Valentine? Valentine's Day is here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment