About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 1, 2010

Mmmmmm gluten free banana bread



I love banana bread, and this was made using my great grandmother's recipe with The Gluten Free Pantry's All Purpose Flour. Have I mentioned I'm writing a cookbook using just their flour? I am so sick of trying to find/use/put up with almond flour, white rice flour, zanthan gum, ew!! I wanted to find one flour to use just like good old gluteny flour, and this is it. The book is two thirds done, and I don't expect to become famous, but at this point I want it for my own purposes (to have all my recipes in one place so I can find them) and to give to a few really good friends who need it. If only there were 48 hours in a day instead of 24...

This is a really simple recipe, from my great grandmother.

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

1 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 C flour
1/4 C butter, melted
4 ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs. Mash bananas (I just use my hands) and add to mixture, stirring well. Stir in flour and baking soda. Stir until fairly smooth. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until top browns and springs back when pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment