About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 4, 2012

Gluten Free Chinese Spareribs Recipe

I used to eat at a Chinese restaurant in Lexington Mass with my grandparents when I was young. It was a big deal for us all to go out together, and it felt very special to me. They served the best spareribs I have ever tasted - until last night! Seriously, you'll be amazed at how simple this recipe is and how exquisite the taste is. The bonus is they can be made gluten free or with regular soy sauce!

Update: a "reviewer" told me that this is also excellent on salmon fillets, I can't wait to try it on fish - yummy!

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.


Chinese Spareribs

3 to 5lb pork spareribs
1/2 cup soy sauce (I use La Choy, it's gluten free and low in salt content)
1/3 cup honey

Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom of a deep cookie sheet with foil. Either use one piece or really pinch the edges of two pieces together - with sauced recipes like this if the liquid leaks under the foil it will become part of the sheet.

Cut spareribs between the bone into individual ribs. Place on lined cookie sheet meat side down.

Mix the soy sauce and honey together, and brush or pour lightly onto ribs. Bake covered with foil for one hour.

Remove tray from oven, throw away covering. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the ribs into the pan, and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes. Cool for five minutes if you can stand the wait!

1 comment:

  1. They look and sound delicious & simple to make.

    ReplyDelete