About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 21, 2012

Octonauts Projects

I posted maybe a month ago about the boys wanting to do some Octonaut projects. We ended up making their four favorite characters and using both of their art bulletin boards to make an underwater scene. They did a lot of projects to make more ocean creatures, our monthly theme was Ocean Life so it was perfect timing! We're starting a new theme and I really need to take the Octonauts and their fishy friends down, but I'm sad to. I know it's silly, but this was my favorite boards they have done so far!! The twins are growing up so quickly - Thing Two can now count to a thousand by 100's, count to 100 by tens... and Thing One can read! Yes, my child suddenly popped out with a level 1 reader and had almost no hesitations reading things like "The fat cat sat on the wet mat". OMG! I read to them constantly, and I knew they had a serious love affair with letters, but that just blew me away. Almost all of the Explode the Code level 1 book I bought is review for them - who knew?!! Math is fun for them, we're using the BJU Math 1 book. It's a little easy for them but they need the practice writing their letters. They are so not babies anymore, and zoomed right past being toddlers! But they do still fall and hit their heads a lot... poor boys are top heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment