About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Feb 5, 2012

Glutened at PF Changs :(

My mom took my entire family out to a wonderful meal at PF Chang's last night. I ordered gluten free lettuce wraps, gluten free egg drop soup and gluten free chicken fried rice - I mean why not, it was my birthday dinner. Everyone shared the lettuce wraps and soup, at that point there was nothing on our table that contained gluten. We finished the appetizers and the meals came out, mine first and it was delivered as "gluten free fried rice" by the server. I was fine for about an hour after we ate, then right in the middle of an amazing foot rub from my husband I had to go get sick... for an hour. I'm making myself yogurt and fruit shakes today to make sure I don't get the lovely side effects I usually do after eating gluten, hopefully it works. I have no clue how I got gluten, I must assume someone thought they made a gluten free dish but used gluten by mistake. This type of sick was more than just a crumb, it was empty your body now lady type of sick :( I have a nasty backache this morning but otherwise am fine. Oddly enough I got a pounding headache right after I ate, but I thought it was just because the restaurant was loud. Now I'm thinking it was the warning light coming on... ugh. No more PF Chang yummies for me :( I'm running out of restaurants I can eat at!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment