About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Aug 28, 2012

New Pluot!

Every time we go grocery shopping, I try to buy whatever fruit is in season to keep a variety in our fruit diet. This month it's been pluot season, and oh my are they tasty! They are a cross between apricots and plums, and there are many varieties. I have no clue what variety this is but I was stunned when I cut it open! The outside is tan and spotty, but the inside is a vibrant red! And wow is it tasty :) I look forward to eating pluots every summer, waiting for them to show up in local shops! I'm thinking a pluot tart recipe is going to be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment