About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Feb 23, 2010

Gluten Free Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe

Mmmmm - this one was so good, even for lunch the next day it's still amazing! Easy, fast, and yummy - it doesn't get much better than that around here :)

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

1 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
1 bottle la choy sweet and sour sauce
2 Tbs soy sauce (I use La Choy)
one small can pineapple tidbits, undrained
White Rice (I cook white rice with every asian meal, I love rice)

(Start rice in steamer - should pop when chicken is done! If you prefer different types of rice or different cooking methods, the chicken should take around 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish)

In medium skillet cook chicken until done. In medium bowl combine remaining ingredients, mix, and pour over chicken. Once heated through serve over white rice - mmmmmm!

See, that was just silly it's so easy!

*UPDATE - we have started making this using our chinese fried chicken instead of just cooking the chicken in a skillet, and it is absolutely lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment