About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jul 27, 2012

Bad meat at Publix :(

Today I am so glad I bought all that chicken from Zaycon. This is the third and last time I have been burned buying meat at Publix. First time it was packs of nasty chicken breasts, brought home and every single package smelled like rotten trash. Then it was the pork spareribs fiasco. We had guests coming over for chinese spareribs. I bought a huge rack, the next morning it smelled horrible in the fridge. Brought it back, was given a second rack. Got it home and it too stunk. I threw away the meat and gave up. I wrote to publix through their website, but sadly got no response.


Monday I bought a huge pack of chicken pieces, so I could make a pot of soup and some pulled chicken bbq. I put it in the freezer when I got home, and pulled it out of the freezer into the fridge Wednesday night. It was still frozen solid Thursday afternoon, I checked it. It's Friday afternoon and the entire fridge stunk from that nasty pack of chicken. I have tested and tested my three year old fridge, and even IN THE MEAT DRAWER my fridge runs at 38 degrees. Consistently. It's not the fridge. The freezer runs at -2 degrees. The freezer had no involvement with the ribs, or the first round of nasty chicken breasts. I don't know what to do now - do I start popping open the meat at Publix to smell it, bring my own saran wrap to close it back up?!! I guess I'll have to look into buying bulk freezer packs from the local meat markets... pricey, but I'm tired of having no meat to serve my family of 6 for dinner. Tonight it's good ol' eggs and toast, since we don't have any other meat completely thawed. Publix, you have really let me down :(

No comments:

Post a Comment