About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jul 13, 2012

Gluten Free Thai dish

Yes, I officially call this "Redneck Thai". I have no clue what originally made us put hot dogs instead of chicken in, but it came out just gold. The saltiness of the dogs goes so well with the peanuty yumminess of the sauce, and the noodles are just awesome! Ok, noodles are awesome compared to other gluten free noodles available in my local stores. It's slim pickins. It's officially called Thai Peanut Noodle Kit, but once we put the dogs in it we felt completely redneck, and out came the name. No, it's not the healthiest dish in the world but seriously once you're forced into eating gluten free (thank you celiac disease) sometimes you just have to indulge. Everything can't be all fresh fruit and vegetables!! I used to totally indulge myself and eat two huge bowls of Sugar Smacks cereal, since going gluten free Redneck Thai is my two bowl indulgence. A few times a year. Someday I'll figure out how to make gluten free Sugar Smacks then it's watch out world... and my waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment