About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Feb 22, 2011

I LOVE Haflinger Shoes!


Let me first say I NEVER spend much money on myself, and I NEVER pay full price for anything.

My feet have been hurting for a long time... I have very high arches and narrow feet, and a stupid metatarsal arch that no one else in the world seems to have. Hence I have sore feet a lot.

I decided to buy myself a really nice supportive pair of shoes. I went to DSW (lots of expensive shoes, no supportive nice looking ones tho). Then I went to Abba Dabba's, which had lots of supportive expensive shoes but most of them either were WAY not my style (I am only 32) or they were too wide for me. I fell in love with a pair of Dansko sandals, but they didn't have my size. I went home depressed and empty handed, and slipped into my 14 year old wool clogs. Yep, I have had two pairs of Haflinger clogs for 14 years and they are still my only truly supportive comfortable shoes. It suddenly hit me, I should order a new pair! So I did - and how cool are they?! My old pairs are grizzly gray and brown plaid, the new swirly pair is so fun!

I don't have a clue why I don't think twice about spending $100 on a pr of clogs yet I sit for hours being as frugal as possible with our grocery list, I will comparison shop for days for gifts even! Maybe it's because I know they will last another 14 years?

Seriously if anyone reading this needs a really good supportive, last forever pair of shoes try out Haflinger clogs. Not slippers, clogs. I gave a pair to a good friend years ago to help her back, and she raved about them. I couldn't recommend a shoe more!

No comments:

Post a Comment