About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Feb 24, 2011

Stomach Virus

Yep, our twins have officially suffered through their first stomach bug. Daddy has been home from work since Monday, and is the only one who didn't get sick. Cross your fingers on that one! First Thing Two was sick every fifteen minutes all night long Monday, then Thing One, myself, and Big Kid all got it Tuesday night. Thing One got sick again this morning for seemingly no reason, had to call Daddy back home from his way to work. I tried to eat a gluten free bagel last night - got a quarter of the way through and got really sick. Oh yeah, and we all have diarrhea (except Daddy, who apparently has an awesome immune system). The worst part is this is exactly what happened to me every three to four months when I had celiac disease and didn't know it, so I know exactly what to do... zofran liquid for the kids, BRAT diet, etc. but it doesn't make it feel any better.

The phrase "shoot me now" keeps drifting through my head...

Thankfully we have some wonderful friends, one phone call yesterday and we had a box of pull ups and two 6 pks of gatorade. Today another friend offered to bring more bananas and gatorade, which is really appreciated. It's so nice to have friends, especially when you need them most!

*Update* well here we are a week later and Thing Two got sick at bedtime last night. We had to go to the doc to get a script for little kiddo immodium for the twins' diarrhea, so I'm guessing we picked up something again. I HATE PEDIATRICIAN OFFICES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment