About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

May 26, 2011

Gluten Free Tilapia Recipe

Ok, I am thinking this can go on any fish... or anything period it was so good!!! I am usually scared to use the broiler, it's so hot and I worry it'll sear the outside and leave the inside of a piece of meat raw, but fish is excellent in there!!! Who knew?! This is what we did:

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

3 tilapia fillets (made enough to cover at least six, seriously)
1/2 C parmesan cheese (I used grated)
1/4 C butter or margarine, melted
3 Tbs Miracle Whip (use mayo, it'll be good, I'm just a mwhip junkie!)
dash of basil, pepper, salt, and onion powder

Preheat broiler - ours has three settings, I used the middle one called "norm". I lined our broiler pan with foil and sprayed it with Pam, just be aware that if you tilt this as you are pulling the fish out (ahem) the fillets will slide off!! I caught mine as they were sliding...

Broil plain fish three minutes on each side. While doing that, mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl. After the 3 minutes per side pull the tray out and cover the fish with your sauce. I really doused mine! Broil two to three more minutes and voila! Amazing fish!

This would be good on any white fish I have ever tasted, and would probably also be good on some corn on the cob wrapped in foil on the broiler too. Mmmmmmm.... maybe on potatoes too!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment