About Me

My photo
I am mom to a 15 year old boy and identical twin 6 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 15 years. Those things define me in that order, everything else falls in line! I homeschool because the public school system was just letting my smart child slip through not learning a thing, on the honor roll no less. While I eat a completely gluten free diet I don't keep a gluten free household. No reason to make the kids suffer with me! I am writing a gluten free cookbook (slowly!) because I can't stand all the gluten free recipes out there that use five hundred flours, and I want to eat normal food like non-celiacs do. Just like I used to, I use one all purpose flour that ROCKS, The Gluten Free Pantry's All Purpose Flour. No, I do not get paid to say that ;) Every recipe on my blog can also be made with regular flour, use it just like I use my gf flour!

May 5, 2011

Udi's Cinnamon Rolls

While at Kroger getting Big Kid sinus medicine (poor kid has quite a cold), I saw Udi's Cinnamon Rolls marked down half off because the expiry date is in two days. I couldn't resist, with my $1 coupon I paid $2 for a pack of cinnamon rolls that are gluten free! I took great gooey pleasure in eating my first cinnamon roll since 2006. It certainly isn't fresh baked fall apart, but after warming in the microwave for a half a minute and pouring the enclosed sauce all over it I have to admit it was very pleasing!!

Once again, thank you Udi's!! I grabbed a loaf of their "multigrain" bread to try now, we'll see how that tastes. I am so impressed with their other products I have tried so far, yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment