About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jan 2, 2011

After Christmas Sales

Wow - lately between hip2save.com and southernsavers.com I have really scored some good bargains!! The twins turn three soon, so I am trying to find some good toys for them at good prices, and wow is that working out! Ok, so I did pay full price for their talking woody and buzz dolls that I ordered, but I did get free shipping!!

I stopped at Rite Aid today and got ornaments, my fave candy in the world (peeps!!), toys, a really cool wooden organizational thing to hang on the wall for letters and keys (for my mom), a pkg of loose leaf for school, and my construction paper to make birthday party invitations - all for $16.32 after coupons! AWESOME! Receipt said savings was $42.75.

At CVS I used my $5/25 email coupon, and $5 ecb I had earned, and got nail clippers, eye shadow, 4-2pks of reach toothbrushes, a coke, and two pkgs of easy ups for $16.14. Again, awesome! I had to do two transactions so I could use the $12 ecb I earned from the first on the second, but I didn't mind! According to the two receipts I saved $49.35.

At Macy's this week I bought 2 prs of junior's levi's, 2 prs of toddler jeans, and four toddler polo shirts for $40 - the first pr of levi's for me was originally priced $44 for just that one pair! They are running a sale through 1/17 or so (check the hip2save post) where you get a $10 macy's coupon good on any apparel for every pr of jeans you buy, even if they are $9.99 on clearance! So I paid $22 for my two prs, then used one $10 coupon on each pr of toddler jeans, which ended up $2.30 each after the coupon, and earned another two coupons from buying them. I found some great striped toddler polo shirts on sale for $3.40 each, and got four of those to use one more coupon. The last one my mom used to get two toy story shirts for the twins, I think she may have paid $10 oop because they weren't on sale. How cool is that?!! Those receipts said I saved a total of $109.17!!! Whoa... I usually don't shop at Macy's, our clothing budget wouldn't cover a shirt there, but this one was too good to pass by. I was heading near the mall to get a Thomas the Train mat laminated at school box, which turned out to be only $2.17 to do, and it's a big one! I have to remember they do that, it's such a great service for an awesome price!

At Kohl's today I returned two prs of jeans for big kid, he needs "relaxed fit" not "standard fit"... whatever. While I was there I noticed their toy dept was so very nicely organized, and there were signs all over saying 50% to 75% off, so I had to stop! I grabbed gatorgolf for the twins for $8, regularly $27. There are TONS of 50% to 80% off racks in every dept, so I grabbed the twins a two pack of their favorite cars pj's for $12... normally $32! Great steals considering I didn't have my usual 30% off coupon! I never look at the amt saved at Kohl's to begin with, because their "original prices" are never what you pay to begin with ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment