About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jan 27, 2011

Egg, Dairy and Gluten free Chocolate Cake... and no, it's not taste free!


Ok I have to admit I look at most things that are "free of" more than two ingredients and cringe, thinking it will taste like, well cardboard! This tastes surprisingly good! The trick is the cook time - it varies so make darn sure yours cooks through the middle!

I want to mention first that when I call for "flour" in any recipe, I have made the recipe using both "normal" all purpose flour and The Gluten Free Pantry's All Purpose Flour. I don't mess with other gf flours, they are all awful in my opinion.

1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
5 Tbs vegetable oil (or canola, whatever you use)
1 C sugar
1 Tbs vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup water

Mix flour, cocoa, soda, and sugar in a large bowl. Add oil, vanilla, water and vinegar, and slowly stir until well combined. Once completely mixed pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.

Bake for between a half an hour to 45 minutes, depending on your oven's mood and the time of year, moisture content in the air, who the heck knows I just know my bake time always varies a tad! Do the toothpick test in the middle of the cake to ensure you don't have any uncooked batter left.

No comments:

Post a Comment