About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 8, 2011

Birds in the attic

Yes, I had BLACKBIRDS nesting in my attic. I hate birds, let me first say that. They are diseased rats with wings if you ask me! Of course, I only feel that way about the ones INSIDE my house. A few days ago Big Kid and I were riveted when a woodpecker was on a tree out back, his little red head was so visible and he was loud!! We love to watch the birds out back after a fresh summer rain, the little red bellied ones (robins?) are so fun to watch hop around!

Last year we had birds nesting in our soffets, and paid the exterminator to come remove the nest and seal the soffet. This year the darn thing ate through the foam spray and made a hole under our shingles! Three babies later my cats are sitting on my face every morning at 4am yelling at me because they want the birds. Fun, right?

The exterminator came yesterday and went up in the attic with me, and the momma bird proceeded to dive bomb me right back down the attic stairs. Thanks. Today the exterminator came back with a partner and removed the babies, nest, and sealed the holes again. This time we added this barbed wire looking stuff that will supposedly prevent the bird from re-entry. I'll let you know how that goes next spring when it attempts to come back.

I can't WAIT to sleep tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment