About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 9, 2011

Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce from scratch!!

Ok guys, this is my "go to" recipe when I want to feed a lot of people, or impress someone with my cooking!!! This is from scratch, and is completely gluten free as long as you use the proper ingredients :) *hint* I use La Choy soy sauce, it's gluten free and isn't horribly salty! Please let me know how you like the recipe!

Teriyaki Sauce

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

1 Tbs cornstarch
1/4 C water
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C vinegar
2 Tbs soy sauce (I use La Choy)
*double for larger dishes

Mix cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved.

Combine cornstarch and water mixture with remaining ingredients in bowl. Pour into a small saucepan or with cooked meat and/or veggies in a skillet or wok. Simmer just until sauce thickens. 



*If using as a sauce to pour over meat or on kabobs use the sauce after it has thickened. 

*Very tasty on beef, shrimp, chicken, stir fry veggies, and stir fry pineapple chunks!

No comments:

Post a Comment