About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 18, 2011

Freecycle is just amazing!!



I posted a wanted message on freecycle for pre-k items, to see if anyone had something that might work in a preschool room I am setting up for the boys. A very nice woman gave us boxes and boxes of books, wooden train tracks, movies and a few games. I was floored, it was around 6 or 7 boxes!! I cleaned it all and filed away the books and movies we wanted, and cleaned all the wooden train tracks and the few Thomas trains. I decided I only wanted to keep the trains and tracks if I could find a train table for free, since we already have geotrax and we love them. So I posted a wanted message on freecycle for a train table, and got a response within minutes! I was shocked! This morning I picked up an imaginarium multicolored train table that after cleaning and a quick $5 fix is in new condition. We have given tons and tons of toys, furniture, all sorts of items on freecycle, and I'm of the opinion that what goes around comes around!!! YAY!

Our preschool room is coming along very nicely, the boys are only three but are asking for "school papers" like Big Kid does. They colored in the letter C Thursday and Friday drew C's on paper by themselves! I guess they really are ready!! I used to teach pre-k with a good friend, and have all our lesson plans, projects, clifford readers, all sorts of awesome stuff. Now I have the room to go with it!! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment