About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 17, 2011

Gluten Free Restaurants - Reality or Myth?

I got all excited after seeing an ad for Yeah! Burger in Atlanta, because the ad said "gluten free restaurant". And then I went to their website, which isn't a website at all... it's an electronic business card, with their address and phone number on it. I downloaded one of the location's menus and it's not a gluten free restaurant. They have gluten free options, which means to me that it's not an option at all. As I have learned even PF Chang's can have an errant crumb find it's way into my food, making me sick for hours. Let me just say it's a special sort of sick, that only gluten causes. I know when it happens what it is. I guess I should stop getting excited, thinking someday there will be a dedicated gluten free anything... there just aren't enough of us to make it a lucrative business I guess :(

No comments:

Post a Comment