About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 24, 2011

What to call this recipe...

A few nights ago we made the most amazing meal, partly using a Publix Aprons recipe and partly going with what we thought would taste good. The result was so awesome it still wowed us as leftover lunch! I don't really know what to call it yet though, any suggestions?

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
olive oil
1 Tbs italian seasoning
1 Tbs parsley
1/2 C water
dash salt and pepper
1/2 pkg cream cheese
1 can diced tomatoes (I always use the italian diced to add more flavor)
squash, or any other veggie you think would be good! (our squash had already been grilled but still worked nicely)

We sprinkled kosher salt and a bit of pepper onto the meat and cooked it in a little olive oil in a skillet. We cooked it completely, and kept it in there until it got a little brown. We added the water, seasoning and parsley and simmered it covered for five minutes. We removed the chicken and threw in the remaining ingredients and simmered it just until the cheese had completely melted and it was a nice creamy pink sauce. We poured the tomato sauce over white steamed rice, then put the cut up chicken on top. It was DIVINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment