About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Jun 11, 2011

Drawing on the Walls



A few months ago I saw a really neat vinyl wall decal of a tree, and someone had put it in an entryway and put jacket hangers on the branches, so it looked like their jackets and such were hanging off the tree! I was really drawn to it, so I started poking around online to see what they were about. Well, for starters the decals are at least $100 and with everything else pulling on our purse strings that is not in the budget. Way not in the budget. I decided I am going to paint some trees up front, next to our door, and put up some hooks myself!

I drew all over the corner where two walls meet last night, and drew three or four trees. I made them look sort of like a birch tree, with lots of little branches. Just drawn with pencil they look like halloween trees to me, but I'm hoping that once I get the chocolate brown paint out and get them finished they'll look a little warmer to me! I also have decided I'm going to ask for some vinyl leaves for Christmas, to make the tree a little more fun! I can put the leaves up in the spring, have them falling off in the fall, and stick nasty little sets of eyes on it for halloween ;) I love halloween so I know I'll do something spooky to the tree!

After I had finished drawing out the trees I sat back and just stared at them, wondering if I am going to regret painting trees inside my house or if I am going to love my new "art". I do that a lot, I have painted every room in our house new colors over the last three years and I especially was nervous about painting our dining room "apple polish red". Once it was finished it became my favorite room in the house, so I'm hoping I'll fall in love with the trees as well!! HA! I know, women are crazy aren't we?

Speaking of, I'm going to end today's post with a quote someone sent me in an email, which I just love!

Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment