About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Apr 5, 2011

Creating a model DNA double helix


I was so proud of Big Kid, he did this one just about on his own! I had to help with some wiring issues, but this is his work!! He even knew the names of the adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine! I was so proud, he was even using the saying I taught him to remember how they combine - "DNA is where it's AT". The A and T always attach, leaving the C and G to attach. Science was my "thing" in school, it's fun to see my child taking an interest at all! He hasn't liked science much unless I was chemically altering something, preferably at a rapid loud explosive rate.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that there are pipe-cleaners attaching the outside rims. How did you attach the pipe-cleaners to each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made a little hook at the end of each pipe cleaner and hooked them together, and then kept stringing the balls along!

      Delete