About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Apr 26, 2011

Rudi's Bread

Rudi's sent me a box of bread a few days ago to taste and review. I'm learning I shouldn't post reviews! I must have handled this bread incorrectly, each loaf has such a different consistency but a surprisingly good flavor. Keep in mind I haven't had "normal" bread in 8 years now, so bread is a big deal to me!

I put the multigrain and sandwich bread in the freezer right away, and kept out the raisin bread. After trying the raisin bread in the toaster (way too hard and I mean h a r d ) I have found it's a pretty yummy treat if you microwave it, butter it, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it! It is not a sweet bread like Pillsbury, it's more savory. I prefer sweet so I drowned it in cinnamon sugar and it was really tasty!

I put the multigrain bread in the fridge last night from the freezer, and when you microwave that it literally will disintegrate in your hands. Once I toasted two slices instead it was pretty good with some miracle whip and bologna! However, I still had to hold the edges of the sandwich or my finger went right through to the bologna. Maybe I did something wrong storing it in the freezer? It tastes wonderful, don't get me wrong, but this is not going to replace what I regularly use until I find out why it fell apart and how to make it not fall apart again ;) I wonder if I could spread peanut butter on the sandwich bread... it's still in the freezer awaiting a taste test!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2011

    Don't put it in the fridge. Take it out of the freezer and let it thaw on the counter. It will work out alot better for you if you do it that way

    ReplyDelete