About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Apr 5, 2011

Ok, I'm going to promote Udi's Bread for a minute!


I have been making bread from The Gluten Free Pantry's sandwich bread mix for a few years now. I hate making bread, I have to have the time to mix it, leave it someplace warm to rise where the cats and kids won't mess with it... then I have to remember to get it before it rises too much, and have the time to sit and wait for it to come out of the oven. Some days that is just asking too much, and I end up making it four or five times a year. Seriously, that's the only time I eat bread and half the time when I do make it by day three it's gone bad anyway!

Well, over the weekend I figured I would try out Udi's gluten free sandwich bread since I love their bagels. Holy cow am I impressed! It tastes similar enough to what I remember "normal" bread tasting like, and it makes an awesome sandwich! I used it to test out my Kraft Ultimate Sandwich ingredients, and it was really yummy! The only issue I have with it is the actual slices of bread are the size of my palm, and I don't have large hands. Is this a message that we should be eating less bread? Am I on a diet without choice? Udi's, if you are listening, thank you for the gluten free products that taste good and PLEASE make the loaves of bread a bit larger!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment