About Me

My photo
I am mom to an 18 year old boy and identical twin 9 year old boys. I am the wife of a wonderful man. I have had celiac disease for 18 years, and love to share recipes I find or create!

Mar 16, 2011

Gluten Free: Best Apple Pie recipe EVER!

Ok, this is one of my favorite recipes. I ate some for Big Kid's birthday today and realized I should post the recipe for others to fall in love with! My mother used to make this all the time, she called it Bickford's something or other, then someone started calling it breakfast apple pie and it stuck! This is great to make for breakfast for guests, goes with any other breakfast food... it goes with anything I swear!!!

This isn't a pie that requires tons of flour and a crust - I can't handle pastry crusts. I can bake just about anything but completely skirt the issue of making pie crusts! They break every SINGLE time I try to lift them into the pie plate. Anyway! This is seriously easy and takes at most five minutes prep time and fifteen minutes cook time, and will wow anyone you serve it to. Excellent with powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or as dessert with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream!

Breakfast Apple Pie

*as always, if you are making this as a gluten free recipe check your ingredients to ensure gluten free status! I have brands I am very loyal to, but I still check every time I buy a new container to ensure nothing has changed on the ingredient list.

In pie plate:
2 Tbs butter


In first bowl mix:
2 medium apples, skinned and sliced
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs melted butter or margarine

Second bowl:
1/2 C flour
1/2 milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 425.

Melt 2 Tbs butter in pie pan in hot oven. Be ready, the butter melts quickly and you don't want to burn it. Pour second bowl into hot buttered pie pan, then pour first bowl in, leaving the edges just batter. Bake fifteen minutes or until edges look browned. MMMMMMmmmmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment